From ArtStarts in Schools –.
Calling all Artists in the Columbia Basin: Arts Integration Learning Lab in Nelson
We are excited to announce a new event for artists in the Columbia Basin this Fall. We are now accepting applications for the Arts Integration Learning Lab, taking place in Nelson. BC, from September 23 to 27, 2013.
Are you a professional artist interested in working with young people and educators in schools? Or do you have experience and want to enhance your skills?
ArtStarts in Schools presents the Arts Integration Learning Lab, a subsidized five-day learning experience for professional artists designed to position them to work with schools in their region. Up to 10 professional artists from across the Columbia Basin will be selected through an application process to participate in the Arts Integration Learning Lab in Nelson from September 23 – 27, 2013. Led by a series of facilitators and special guests, participants will unpack the definition of arts integration and explore practical ways to effectively work with young people and educators to lead arts infused classroom experiences.
Artists selected to participate in the Arts Integration Learning Lab will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of arts integration and identify opportunities to grow their own professional practice;
- Build facilitation skills to effectively work with young people and educators;
- Develop abilities to plan and lead quality arts infused interactions;
- Learn about resources and opportunities for artists available through ArtStarts;
- Explore the culture of schools and connect with curriculum;
- Establish opportunities for artists to connect with educators in a professional capacity; and
- Connect with other artists in the Columbia Basin and engage in peer learning and reflection.
Artists selected to participate will be fully subsidized to:
- Attend five days of workshops and interactions;
- Receive program materials; and
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch each day.
In addition, participants living outside Nelson are eligible for subsidized travel and/or accommodation expenses.
The Arts Integration Learning Lab is an initiative of Infusion Studio, presented by ArtStarts in Schools, a not-for-profit organization that provides innovative arts programs for young people, practical resources for teachers and artists, and leadership in advocacy for arts in education.
The deadline to apply is August 7, 2013. Applicants must be residents of the Columbia Basin. (View a map of the region.)
Contact: Navida Nuraney, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org | 604-336-0626 ext 107
To apply, download the application form (Word doc) from artstarts.com/infusionstudio